Poker-AI.org

Poker AI and Botting Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:26 am 
Site Admin

Ladies and gentlemen,

After having played poker and having developed bots for several years I finally decided to make a career move and work in the online gambling space full-time as an engineer. Betable is a small but growing company in San Francisco which received series A funding in November 2013. We are trying to disrupt the online gambling space by basically offering real money gambling as a service to game developers. This removes the huge entry barrier that online gambling usually has for new companies since they don't have to worry about licensing and handling money etc.
Of course we are trying to hire local talent but we are also open to hiring people from all over the world so don't hesitate to apply!

For more details, check out the positions at betable.com/jobs.

If you have any other questions, or want a personal conversation about us, shoot me a PM and I can give you a referral after appropriate vetting.

Coffee4tw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm 

Exciting initiative.. Good luck with it..!

Will it be open for botting? :mrgreen:

Do you plan to deal with local regulations in all markets? e.g. in Denmark we have these guys https://spillemyndigheden.dk/en making it difficult to even play poker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Currently there is no plan to incorporate bots. Mostly because we don't support any multiplayer games yet where this would make sense.
Supporting poker in general is still a while out but it is already in planning.

We have a gambling license in the UK that allows us to offer our games to players wherever they are legal. I am not 100% sure where we offer yet but our legal team is working hard to get us into all the markets that allow it. Having said that, we are taking a conservative approach to tackling new markets to make sure we are not operating illegally anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 pm 

Hi,

I'm potentially interested in using your service as a developer.

A few questions :

* I'm confused about the developer subscription. Am I also considered as a player when I sign up ?
In France, no one is authorized to gamble outside the state. I'm very careful about this and didn't subscribe.

* What sort of games are eligible to your API ?

* What are the constraint related to your gambling license ? (eg : no skill games..?)

Thanks in advance,

Pitt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Send me a PM with your contact details and I can give them to our people working with developers.

To briefly address your concerns (to the best of my abilities):
- Our license is in the UK and allows us to offer to players wherever online gambling is legal. I am not sure how France fits into that picture from the player side but from the developer side I am pretty sure your location doesn't matter
- Currently we have slots, roulette and blackjack support
- I don't know the details of the license but as of right now we don't support any skill games anyway.

C4tw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 pm 

do you plan to offer real poker for money anytime in the future?

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

If you happen to be interested in this, check out our new corporate and engineering sites for more information:
https://corp.betable.com
https://eng.betable.com

All of our open positions including product, engineering and ops are here:
https://jobs.lever.co/betable?lever-via=6D0co6ON_J

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:05 pm 

I always thought it would be so cool if a "normal" game would implement real money wagering.
Games such as Dota 2 or any of the Worms games and so on.

But these games aren't completely up to RNG, there's a lot of skill involved too.
Would betable be able to make something like this happen?

When you think about it, even blackjack has an element of skill to it, just that your skill can't take you to or above 50% winrate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am 

FPS games have or used to have wagering systems for PUB style matches, but they did not have a good anti cheat, or matching system for that matter, so it never really took off.

I used to play competitive FPS, and I was very interested in the market but the cost to keep the hackers out in those games, especially as a 3rd party service with a custom anti cheat, doesnt pay off. For example an online shooter is only going to update its efforts to stop cheaters if its making money, no money no devs. And as time goes on a good portion of the money is going to come from banned player accounts having to repurchase the game. but if your running a 3rd party matching system you wont see that money only the game dev will, so as the host of the competition as time goes on it makes less financial sense to keep your service active since you banning someone is only making the game developer money(assuming the banned player buys a new account to keep competing under a new alias)