Poker-AI.org
http://poker-ai.org/phpbb/

Building Pluribus software from git source on linux platform
http://poker-ai.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3396
Page 1 of 1

Author:  nglpx1 [ Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Building Pluribus software from git source on linux platform

Hi all!
I am new to this forum, I am trying to build the Pluribus project from git on a linux platform (https://github.com/fedden/poker_ai and similar), I followed the instructions but I got some errors from the python sources, in particular I did the cluster but I am not able to do the train (poker_ai train start).
Someone that can help me? I would like work on the source (I am a software programmer), someone interested in collaborating?

Angelo.

Author:  inspectator [ Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

it will be difficult to deal with someone else's code and there is an implementation for an incomplete deck.
it is probably easier to implement discounted cfr.

Author:  nglpx1 [ Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

inspectator wrote:
it will be difficult to deal with someone else's code and there is an implementation for an incomplete deck.
it is probably easier to implement discounted cfr.


Yes, the deck has only 20 cards. I think it's possible modify the code, but a complete deck needs more hardware resources for computing I think. Do you mean to use a discount factor in the algorithm?

Author:  inspectator [ Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

Yes. I am currently trying to implement dcfr for the river and the turn.
The person from this forum has already posted the ready-made c ++ code, but for a better understanding, I'll write it from scratch.
I think that dcfr will provide the necessary speed on the turn and river, but I don't know what to do with the flop yet.
my English is bad.

Author:  nglpx1 [ Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

inspectator wrote:
Yes. I am currently trying to implement dcfr for the river and the turn.
The person from this forum has already posted the ready-made c ++ code, but for a better understanding, I'll write it from scratch.
I think that dcfr will provide the necessary speed on the turn and river, but I don't know what to do with the flop yet.
my English is bad.


My English is worse than yours! I am a c++ programmer too, I would like take part to the work, where is the code? Is it binded to the python code or is it a standalone project?

Author:  inspectator [ Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

here is a c++ solver, its creator is a member of this forum.
https://github.com/Fossana/cplusplus-cfr-poker-solver
I have not tested or understood this code.
Now I'm writing my implementation for the turn and river.
There is also the open_spiel library in which dcfr is implemented in python.
From the python code, you can understand how dcfr works.
Here is the link to the library:
https://github.com/deepmind/open_spiel

Author:  nglpx1 [ Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

inspectator wrote:
here is a c++ solver, its creator is a member of this forum.
https://github.com/Fossana/cplusplus-cfr-poker-solver
I have not tested or understood this code.
Now I'm writing my implementation for the turn and river.
There is also the open_spiel library in which dcfr is implemented in python.
From the python code, you can understand how dcfr works.
Here is the link to the library:
https://github.com/deepmind/open_spiel


Do you think it would be valid in real games a self-made implementation af a bot using the algorithm in a Multiplayer context? What about collaborate together to implement a solution?

Author:  inspectator [ Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

for me a good option is to search and share on this forum. if it may need private messages and mail.

Author:  nglpx1 [ Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Building Pluribus software from git source on linux plat

For anyone interested to develop a solution I created a group named "Poker AI dev" on Telegram (t.me/poker_ai_dev). Subscribe for discussions and code sharing.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/